Paper Tricks and Pop Up Cards that kick butt!
February 4th, 2009 by ricko
The date of Valentine’s Day is 14 February and there’s no substitute for a BIG KISS… well OK, maybe a real kiss would be better than this pop up card, but it’s still pretty good! It might be the perfect thing to give your loved one when you can’t send chocolates or roses or see them in person.
So, here’s how to make your BIG KISS pop up card…
1. Print out the free Valentine’s Day Pop Up Design at this link.
2. Carefully cut out each shape.
3. Fold the pieces along the dotted lines (just follow the instructions on the page).
4. You’ll see that the huge lips are held in place by a specially shaped support that’s mostly invisible from the front. Glue it on the card and let it dry.
5. Now glue on the huge lips. Carefully close the card and see how the lips hide neatly away!
That’s all there is too it. Go ahead and make your BIG LIPS here and happy Valentine’s Day Everybody.
Not everyone wants to be kissed on Valentine’s Day. If you don’t know the person very well then it’s not a good idea to send them a big kiss. Maybe send some flowers or a teddy bear.
Also, did you know that recently in India, a married couple was arrested for kissing in public? Obscenity charges were laid last September against the man and woman, aged in their twenties, for kissing near a train station. The charges were later dropped. The judge remarked he was surprised “an expression of love by a young married couple would attract an offence” (source MX News, Wednesday 4 February 2009).
So the lesson here is to respect other cultures and sensibilities, and have a great Valentine’s Day.